Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A little more than 140 characters

My first blog was a poetry blog. Nobody knew about it except me. I was attracted to the romanticism of blog hopping. (Look at the bar across the top of this page; do you see the "Next Blog" button?) I'd found traveler blogs, dieter blogs, and mommy blogs, each belonging to a different dynamic person. I really wanted to be a different dynamic person, but not publicly.

My second blog was a travel blog: "mon voyage: france take two." The purpose of that blog was to keep my friends and family updated on life in Montpellier, France, and it was fun to documment the experience. It's still up at http://abbie-defiel.blogspot.com/ because I hope to return to it for france take three.

Here we are at blog three. I'm starting this blog because I'm entering into the long phase of my life during which I can be proud and excited about being a different dynamic person.

So here it goes, the next round, and it starts with a job interview tomorrow for a company I don't want to say anything about--unlike the dieting moms and hidden dynamos, I realize that this world-wide web is quite small.

No comments:

Post a Comment